Senior Software Developer, ICTS Department
Application deadline: 5:45pm; March 14, 2021
Contract type: Full-time
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The Senior Software Developer is a member of ICTS team responsible for the requirements, design, construction, integration, testing, verification and maintenance of AUA software products.
- Software Design
- Accountable for optimization-focused design to ensure that all code is written with high availability and high-impact.
- Accountable for efficiency-focused design that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable and modular.
- Design push and pull data interfaces using the latest web and data sharing technologies integrated to a multitude of third party providers.
- Software Development
- Develop software according to functional and technical design specifications and maintain a “common sense” approach that serves to recognize potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them.
- Extensive knowledge of C# using Visual Studio using Webforms, MVC and Entity Framework
- Create efficient, scalable, reusable middle tier logic using any of ASP.NET.
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems.
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment.
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Create intuitive, logical and dynamic user interfaces.
- Work with other departments to understand the systems analysis and development requirements of new systems.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Perform intensive testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended.
- Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Maintenance and other roles
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures.
- Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies.
- Detail unit testing of code.
- Troubleshoot client problems both remotely and onsite.
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Lead a team of software developers to complete large-scale as well as smaller projects according to pre-determined specifications, system requirements and security requirements.
- Act as liaison with the other departments in the University for assessing/identifying departmental needs for software development.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written;
- Understanding of the global strategies of AUA;
- Understanding and interpretation of complex IT requirements and solutions;
- Experience with database technologies;
- Proficiency in object oriented programming;
- Experience in creating multilingual reports and data manipulation tools;
- Experience in requirements engineering, and data cleaning and migration;
- Demonstrated ability in required programming language(s);
- Knowledge of Structured Programming techniques, analysis, standards and systems methodologies;
- Exposure to all stages of the application development process, from specification and design, development and testing, through to implementation, and training;
- Practical experience and knowledge in specific subject areas and associated technologies;
- A broad knowledge of IT hardware, software, operations and networks;
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with Users at all levels.
How to apply: Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Senior Software Developer”. Applications must be received by March 14, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution