Senior IT Specialist, ICTS Department
Application deadline: 5:45pm; October 4, 2021
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Maintain /administer AUA Network internal routers.
- Maintain /administer AUA Network internal servers: Web Servers, Application Servers.
- Perform the tasks to develop and install new network services under supervision of the supervisor.
- Provide AUA Network internal routers/server’s reliability to not exceed the downtime allowed by security policies. Create backup routers/servers to achieve this goal.
- Provide security and troubleshooting for AUA Network internal routers and servers under supervision.
- Perform website content maintenance and update.
- Maintain AUA websites, databases and web servers.
- Perform WEB applications development and implementation.
- Perform search engine optimization of the WEB sites.
- Monitor security of the WEB site and perform all necessary updates.
- Administer AUA Network internal services:
- Internal IP addresses distribution,
- AUA Network user databases and mailing lists (Faculty, Staff, Students, Tenants, Special Projects, Events, etc.),
- File, Printer Sharing servers and services (Permissions, Quotas, Accounting),
- WiFi Access Points installation/maintenance.
- Create and manage the network documentation concerning to his/her tasks.
- Supply periodical reports about the servers and services to the supervisors.
- Create the automated reporting systems.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Perform “Document Flow” system process flow administrator duties after passing appropriate training conducted by system vendor.
- Manage users’ accesses to AUA IT systems (email, network file and print sharing, Active Directory and whole range of web applications) and systems support – UNIX based servers and services, LAN, WAN and WiFi, network security.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience using web analytic tools and conducting analysis, reporting and using insights to guide work.
- Commitment to user experience and user-centered design.
- University degree in Computer Science.
- Advanced written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Relevant work experience of 5 years and more.
- Highly skilled at prioritizing and managing requests from multiple professionals and assertive in getting support when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to independently identify, clarify and creatively resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Senior IT Specialist”. Applications must be received by October 4, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution