Senior Communications Specialist/Creative Writer, Office of Communications
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Application deadline: Open until filled
- Develop content plan for the university in conjunction with Communications Manager.
- Act as editor, writer, and reporter for communications and marketing content throughout university.
- Coordinate photography, video, and design to accompany editorial content and marketing material.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all university departments to be aware of their editorial needs and incorporate into university content plan.
- Arrange interviews with university and other spokespersons and prepare talking points.
- Pitch, write and edit all branded content. This includes: advertorial articles, emails, social media, contests/sweeps and more.
- Support the strategy for successful, branded content that supports the department’s goals while remaining connected with the AUA audiences.
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums.
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels.
- Write and edit marketing and communications materials (including social media posts, newsletters, invitations, signage, displays, posters, presentations, and other texts) for University departments as needed.
- Write and edit major University booklets including annual reports, commencement and alumni brochures.
- Update and edit the content for general and departmental brochures, media kit, key messages, and fact sheets as needed.
- Manage daily editorial and social media content related activity within Office of Communications.
- Develop social media content plan for the University in conjunction with PR & Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with PR & Marketing Manager to create promotional concepts.
- Proofread AUA web content, as needed.
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing/ PR, and design teams to enhance AUA’s brand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- University degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English literature;
- Native-level English-language skills required;
- Armenian language skills required;
- Strong sense of responsibility, punctuality, organization;
- Editorial, journalistic, or writing experience required;
How to apply: A letter of intent, portfolio of published work, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Senior Communications Specialist/Creative Writer”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution