Project Assistant, AUA Acopian Center for the Environment
Organization: American University of Armenia (AUA)
Unit: AUA Acopian Center for the Environment
Project name: Mobilizing the Private-Sector to Advance Responsible Consumption and Production in Armenia: Inception phase. The project is funded by Sida.
Position title: Project Assistant (national of the Republic of Armenia)
Start Date: Sept 29, 2021
End Date: open until filled
Working hours: Full-time
Contract type: Project-based employment contract
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Mobilizing the Private-Sector to Advance Responsible Consumption and Production in Armenia: Inception Phase Project (hereinafter Project) is implemented by the American University of Armenia with funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). The overall objective of the Project is to understand Armenia’s waste market systems and directions in which these market systems can be supported and activated. The project will particularly focus on improving these market systems while reducing poverty, assessed multidimensionally. This Project will examine the market systems for waste management in 6 sub-systems (municipal, agricultural, WEEE and portable batteries, automotive, construction/demolition, industrial (non-mining) in Armenia and identify feasible interventions to improve the current functions and rules of the subsystems. The objectives of improving the market systems shall include increased amount of waste diverted from landfills, increased value from recovered waste, reduced negative impact from hazardous wastes among others. Based on the inception phase results, a proposal for a multi-year program to effectuate change will be developed.
Scope of work under this ToR:
- Provide administrative support for all activities of the Inception Phase (hereinafter the Project);
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports, project completion reports (narrative and financial) and other reports that may be required by the stakeholders;
- Coordinate the Project’s contracting and procurement processes, prepare and submit various requests in accordance with Sida and AUA guidelines;
- Coordinate external and internal communications flow;
- Create and implement an effective communication strategy for the Project that will include media outreach, if necessary, preparation and dissemination of communication materials and social media content creation;
- Assist or participate in the activities related to the Internal Control Review and Project audit, including ToRs preparation, procurement, organization of bidder conferences, provision of necessary information to auditors, etc.
- Assist in organizing periodical work sessions, events and internal work meetings for the team and external stakeholder and other meetings of the Project; and
- Provide support in preparation of the Project webpage and maintain it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field;
- At least 1 years of work experience in a relevant field;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proficiency with standard computer applications;
- Experience working with G-Suite applications (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English;
- Ability to work in high-pressure environments;
- Strong sense of ethics.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Project Assistant (ACE)”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution