Nurse-Coordinator, AUA Facilities and Services
Application deadline: 5:45 pm; August 17, 2021
Contract type: PT (5 days per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The Nurse handles the daily operations of the AUA clinic located at the University. Responsibilities include consistent application of the nursing process and communication skills in patient management and health promotion activities. The nurse provides health counseling, health promotion education, and emergent care services for AUA faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Management of the clinic includes maintaining a therapeutic environment, organizing clinical appointments, supporting a physician during clinical appointments, keeping and securing patient records, and providing patients with referrals when needed.
- Provide or arrange for first aid to stabilize a patient while making arrangements for transportation to appropriate medical facilities.
- Maintain patient records and documentation in conformity with privacy and confidentially policies.
- Maintain a list of health care providers and facilities for the use of faculty, staff and students for self-referrals to maternal, medical, surgical, dental care and pharmacy.
- Acquire, develop, and distribute health-related educational posters, materials, and other information.
- Support research protocols as time from clinic activities permit (i.e., summary/compilation of surveys’ results, provision of information and guidance to AUA Community regarding prevention of diseases).
- Perform food services hygiene monitoring.
- Collect extracts from students’ medical charts, compose the lists and sort them as per the physical education groups.
- Implement and conduct a monthly inventory & reporting on medications in the Health Clinic’s stock.
- Introduce and present detailed description of the insurance package and the services provided by Nairi insurance company to the AUA faculty, administrative staff, students and summer program participants, the family members of AUA staff/faculty.
- Make appointments with doctors/clinics, having Nairi Insurance (NI) issue a “referral” to the doctor/clinic, receiving and passing the “referral” to the staff member, faculty and students.
- Organize annual insurance-related health check-ups and advising staff, faculty and students on check-up details: clinic, date, time, etc.
- Assist the AUA staff to fill in the reimbursement applications, copying and providing them to NI.
- Coordinate travel insurance.
- Analyse the work done by Nairi Insurance and participate in the overall evaluation process.
- Demonstrate on first aid during drills.
- Provide small training sessions to the selected staff members on first aid.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- BA in Nursing or in a relevant field.
- Relevant clinical practice.
- Good written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management).
- Relevant work experience of minimum 2 years.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Nurse-Coordinator”. Applications must be received by August 17, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution