IT Specialist, ICTS Department
Application deadline: 5:45pm; June 20, 2021
Contract type: Full-time
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Perform software troubleshooting of the AUA computers:
- Reveal and repair software problems of the university client computers,
- Install new software and update existing ones,
- Perform virus cleaning and information recovery,
- Regular (monthly) checking of lab computers for malware, patch and antivirus updates,
- Install OS and application software on the university client computers,
- Set up and adjust network printers software,
- Configure e-mail, Internet, LAN settings on the university client computers,
- Install/configure WiFi / VPN / Dial-Up on client computers/devices for connecting with the AUA network,
- Provide consulting to staff/users on software problems.
- Provide software installation / troubleshooting of the AUA lab and classroom computers.
- Maintain/administer AUA all buildings’ networks (hereinafter AUA Network) configurable Switches, VLANs software/configuration:
- Provide AUA Network switches reliability to not exceed the downtime allowed by security policies. Create backup STP paths/switches to achieve this goal,
- Provide security and troubleshooting for AUA Network switches under supervision.
- Control/monitos/provide AUA Network Server & Communication Rooms /Servers/Routers/ Switches proper maintenance, wiring, temperature and power conditions.
- Create and manage the network documentation concerning to his/her tasks.
- Supplie periodical reports about the equipment, servers and services to the supervisors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Undergraduate Degree (Computer Science).
- Good knowledge of IT hardware, software, operations and networks.
- Proven experience in IT Support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to react rapidly and effectively to change,
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to successfully deliver service to agreed levels.
- Ability to share technical knowledge to assist developing of other team members.
How to apply: Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “IT Specialist”. Applications must be received by June 20, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution