Faculty Position in Nursing, Turpanjian School of Public Health, American University of Armenia
Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing
The Turpanjian School of Public Health (SPH) at the American University of Armenia invites applications for a faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in Nursing. The position offers an exciting opportunity for an academic scholar
- to teach undergraduate courses in nursing in a new RN-to-BSN program (a program currently under consideration and pending all approvals) and advise students on capstone projects,
- to mentor and motivate undergraduate nursing students,
- to participate in the continuing development of the RN-to-BSN program, including curriculum development and student recruitment,
- to develop a program of research and participate in nursing research projects of the Avedisian Onanian Center for Health Services Research and Development (CHSR) and the Open Center for Transformative Health Solutions hosted by SPH,
- to take on administrative responsibilities as assigned and actively participate in faculty governance initiatives.
- to teach graduate courses in public health in her/his areas of expertise (e.g., Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health).
Applicants must have an appropriate doctorate in Nursing or related field. If the doctoral degree is in health sciences (other than Nursing), the applicant would need to have at least a BSN degree with RN licensure. Having at least two years of clinical experience would be preferable. It is expected that the appointment will be at the Assistant (or Associate, if experience permits) Professor level. Salary is commensurate with experience. Physical presence in Yerevan, Armenia during the entire academic year is required. The anticipated start date is immediately.
The SPH is committed to teaching excellence and research. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate teaching experience (provide record of teaching) at undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct scholarly work in establishing a successful program of funded research. The ability to contribute to diversity initiatives including extending educational opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds is highly desirable.
As an institution of higher learning, the American University of Armenia (AUA) provides teaching, research, and service programs that prepare students and enable faculty and researchers to address the needs of Armenia and the surrounding region for sustainable development, in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society. The AUA is a privately endowed independent American institution of higher education located in the Capital Yerevan in the Republic of Armenia. he American University of Armenia is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org.
The SPH was established in 1995. The Mission of the AUA SPH is to improve population health and health services in Armenia and beyond through interdisciplinary education, transformative research, and development of health professionals to be leaders in health sciences, health services research and evaluation, as well as health care delivery and management. The SPH is actively engaged in an increasingly extensive portfolio of projects in Armenia and the region. The SPH collaborates with world known Schools of Nursing and Public Health.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing”. Application process is open until an appropriate candidate is identified. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.