Faculty Position in Nursing, Turpanjian College of Health Sciences
Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing
The American University of Armenia invites applications for nursing faculty positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in Nursing. The position offers an exciting opportunity for an academic scholar
- to teach undergraduate courses in nursing in a new RN-to-BSN program (a program currently under consideration and pending all approvals) and advise students on capstone projects
- to mentor and motivate undergraduate nursing students
- to participate in the continuing development of the RN-to-BSN program, including curriculum development and student recruitment
- to develop a program of research and participate in nursing research projects of the Avedisian Onanian Center for Health Services Research and Development (CHSR) and the Open Center for Transformative Health Solutions
- to take on administrative responsibilities as assigned and actively participate in faculty governance initiatives.
- to be the inaugural Chair of the RN-to-BSN program (if qualifications permit)
- to teach graduate courses in public health in her/his areas of expertise (e.g., Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health).
Applicants must have an appropriate doctorate in Nursing or related field. If the doctoral degree is in health sciences (other than Nursing), the applicant would need to have at least a BSN degree with RN licensure. Having at least two years of clinical experience would be preferable. It is expected that the appointment will be at the Assistant (or Associate, if experience permits) Professor level. Salary is commensurate with experience. Physical presence in Yerevan, Armenia during the entire academic year is required. The anticipated start date is immediately.
The Turpanjian College of Health Sciences is committed to teaching excellence and research. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate teaching experience (provide record of teaching) at undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct scholarly work in establishing a successful program of funded research. The ability to contribute to diversity initiatives including extending educational opportunities to students of diverse backgrounds is highly desirable.
The Turpanjian College of Health Sciences (TCHS) was established in 1995. The Mission of the AUA TCHS is to improve population health and health services in Armenia and beyond through interdisciplinary education, transformative research, and development of health professionals to be leaders in health sciences, health services research and evaluation, as well as health care delivery and management. The TCHS is actively engaged in an increasingly extensive portfolio of projects in Armenia and the region. It collaborates with world known Schools of Nursing and Public Health.
As an institution of higher learning, the American University of Armenia (AUA) aims to have an impact on students and the community as a center of academic excellence, innovation, inquiry, and diversity that contributes to further development and advancement of Armenia, the region and the world through teaching and scholarship, fostering creativity, integrity and community service. The AUA is a privately endowed independent American institution of higher education located in the Capital Yerevan in the Republic of Armenia. The American University of Armenia s accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing”. Application process is open until an appropriate candidates are identified. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.