EPIC Communications Coordinator
Application deadline: March 20, 2023
Contract type: Part time (20-30 hours per week
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), Entrepreneurship and Product Innovation Center (EPIC)
The Entrepreneurship and Product Innovation Center (EPIC) is the business venture and start-up incubator of AUA. EPIC provides an ecosystem for emerging entrepreneurs from both inside and outside AUA. Twice a year, teams made up of AUA students and outside entrepreneurs compete to enter EPIC where they receive further entrepreneurial education, mentorship, and other resources to grow and advance their start-ups. EPIC also sponsors lectures, national competitions, hackathons, and other programs related to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Oversee public relations and media interaction for EPIC in coordination with AUA Communications department
- Oversee all communications and promotion programs - including collateral, videos, website, and social media
- Develop effective communication strategies for EPIC
- Help to draft content (including press releases) for AUA publications and mass media in Armenian and in English
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external design professionals for design-related tasks
- Foster relationships with advocates and key media contacts
- Establish and maintain media archiving database for internal and public events;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a communications specialist including areas such as promotion, public relations, especially through social media channels.
- Experience at an international organization or business would be attractive. Work experience outside of Armenia would be a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills. Detail orientation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “EPIC Communications Coordinator”. Applications must be received by March 20, 2023 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.