English Language Instructor, AUA Open Education
Position Name: English Language Instructor
Opening date: 03/10/2023
Application Deadline: 03/31/2023
Employment Type: hourly pay range
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Job Location: Yerevan, Vanadzor, Gyumri, Yeghegnadzor, Dilijan, Stepanakert, Kapan, Goris.
AUA Open Education is looking for highly qualified English Language Instructors to teach English courses for adults (e.g., General English for levels 1-6). The classes give students the opportunity to improve their all-around ability in English. Our courses are designed to develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills while providing a strong foundation of vocabulary and grammar.
- Use provided training materials to plan and conduct English language classes
- Use a variety of teaching techniques and approaches, to develop students’ listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Adjust teaching techniques and approaches to the student's individual learning styles and professional needs
- Identify students with specific needs and develop tailored strategies for them
- Administer exams and assessments, and conduct other informal or formal evaluations of students’ learning progress
- Apply classroom management techniques to provide a respectful, student-centered environment conducive to learning
- Assist with the recording of audio or video materials to be used in conjunction with established language training curricula or as ancillary resources for self-directed student study
- Write progress reports for students
- Undertake administrative tasks, such as keeping student registers and attendance records
- Cooperate with the Open Education administrative and teaching staff (e.g., class scheduling finalization, participation in marketing events for the language school)
- Perform other duties as assigned or deemed necessary
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a foreign language, linguistics, or a related field
- Minimum two years of full-time teaching experience
- Experience integrating instructional technology in teaching and assessment
- Preferably a native speaker of the English language
- Knowledge of Armenian is preferred
- Knowledge of contemporary pedagogy in the area
- TEFL or TESOL certification such as the Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
Note: There is an option to teach not only in your place of residence but also in communities around it where Open Education centers are located.
Application procedure: Qualified candidates should submit a brief cover letter, CV, and contact information of three references to [email protected] with the subject heading “English Language Instructor, AUA Open Education”.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.