Classification: 12 Month Contract with Option to Extend
Location: Glendale, California, USA
The American University of Armenia (AUA) http://www.aua.am is a private institution of higher learning located in Yerevan, Armenia. AUA is affiliated with the University of California and is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001. Students are admitted from Armenia and internationally.
Founded in 1991 to provide American style graduate education, AUA also launched an undergraduate program in fall 2013. It offers degrees in Business and Economics, Engineering Sciences, Public Health and in the Humanities and Social Sciences. This academic year, AUA has approximately 500 graduate students and more than 1,400 undergraduate students. AUA includes several research centers, a vibrant Extension Program, and community outreach programs providing continuing education for adults and professional development throughout Armenia.
The American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Oakland, California which provides academic and fiscal oversight to AUA’s operations and serves as the vehicle for philanthropic support of the enterprise. AUA revenues come from a combination of sources including tuition, operations, endowment income, grants, and private philanthropy. AUA is committed to an admission policy that is merit-based and provides tuition support to students based upon need.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the Development Assistant supports the American University of Armenia’s Development Department in expanding its fundraising program through accurate database management, reporting, effective communications, administrative support, and scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage gift and data entry, acknowledgment, record keeping and reconciliation
- Manage AUAC’s CRM database system and ensure data hygiene and integrity
- Track and maintain pledges and coordinate key donor contact reminders
- Compile and communicate accurate donor lists to the communication team for Annual Reports and Honor Wall updates
- Provide various reports, both routine and specialized, to support the Development and Finance teams, including analytical reports and donor lists
- Perform routine research for funding opportunities, including prospect research and matching gifts to support the work of the frontline fundraisers
- Support the Development Team in planning and organization of fundraising events
- Carry out day-to-day administrative tasks for the Development team
- Respond to all general phone calls; distribute incoming mail; manage calendars of events, and travel arrangements
- Provide support to the Secretary of the Board in administrative preparations of the board meetings
- Order supplies and maintain organization of communal areas
Part-time (with the potential of turning full-time in the future)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year in a professional office setting in an administrative assistant role
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google suite
- Extreme attention to detail and focus
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- 2 years in a professional office setting
- Experience working with donor databases
Commensurate with experience
For consideration as a candidate for the position of Development Assistant, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applicants submitting resumes without a cover letter will not be considered for an interview. Position will remain open until filled.
AUAC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.