Development Assistant, American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC)
Department: Development Office
Classification: 12 Month Contract with Option to Extend
Location: Oakland, CA or Glendale, CA
The American University of Armenia (AUA) http://www.aua.am is a private institution of higher learning located in Yerevan, Armenia. AUA is affiliated with the University of California and is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001. Students are admitted from Armenia and internationally.
Founded in 1991 to provide American style graduate education, AUA also launched an undergraduate program in fall 2013. Currently it offers nine Master’s and six Bachelor’s degree programs. This academic year, AUA has approximately 500 graduate students and more than 1,400 undergraduate students. AUA includes several research centers, a vibrant Open Education Program, and community outreach programs providing continuing education for adults and professional development throughout Armenia.
The American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Oakland, California which provides academic and fiscal oversight to AUA’s operations and serves as the vehicle for philanthropic support of the enterprise. AUA revenues come from a combination of sources including tuition, operations, endowment income, grants, and private philanthropy. AUA is committed to an admission policy that is merit-based and provides tuition support to students based upon need.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the Development Assistant supports the American University of Armenia’s Development Department in expanding its fundraising program through accurate database management, reporting, effective communications, administrative support, and scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage gift and data entry, acknowledgment, record keeping and reconciliation.
- Manage AUAC’s CRM database system and ensure data hygiene and integrity.
- Track and maintain pledges and coordinate key donor contact reminders.
- Perform routine research for funding opportunities, including prospect research and matching gifts to support the work of the frontline fundraisers.
- Provide various reports, both routine and specialized, to support the Development team, including analytical reports and donor lists.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the of Development team.
- Respond to all general phone calls; distribute incoming mail; manage calendars of events, and handle logistics such as travel arrangements, itineraries, and briefing materials.
- Assist the Development team with events planning, including mailings, RSVPs, guest lists.
- Provide office support, including ordering of supplies and maintaining communal areas.
- Provide support to the Secretary of the Board in administrative preparations of the board meetings, including reservations of air tickets, hotel and meeting rooms, and making catering arrangements.
Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Google suite
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- 2 years in a professional office setting
- Experience working with donor databases
For consideration as a candidate for the position of Development Assistant, please send a cover letter and resume/cv to [email protected]. Include the position title in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
AUAC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.