Consultant, Service contract, Development of Policy Discussion Paper on the Work Conditions and Occupational Safety in Armenia’s Mining Sector
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Development of Policy Discussion Paper on the Work Conditions and Occupational Safety in Armenia’s Mining Sector
Organization: American University of Armenia (AUA)
Unit: AUA Center for Responsible Mining
Project name: Mining Policy Dialogue, Mining Data Portal, and Youth Engagement (MPDPY)
Position and Contract type: Consultant, Service contract
Duration: March 15, 2021 – April 15, 2021
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Consultant will offer services within the scope of the Mining Sector Policy Dialogue, Information Portal, and Youth Engagement project. One of the goals of the project is to initiate and manage a policy dialogue process on mining where stakeholders will be able to deliberate and discuss their views and concerns on specific mining policy issues. In preparation for such discussions, the project will produce several discussion policy papers and briefs. The project is implemented by the AUA Center for Responsible Mining as a subgrantee to the Transparency International Anticorruption Center’s (TIAC’s) grant from the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Develop a 10-15 page Discussion Paper that will:
- Summarize conducted research and legislation on decent working conditions and occupational safety in relation to mining in Armenia.
- Identify key policy decisions and choices to be made to improve the existing situation regarding working conditions and occupational safety in relation to mining in Armenia.
- For each of the policy decisions, identify the opportunities and challenges, including legislative, institutional, etc. to be addressed.
- Utilizes international best practices (including standards) in suggesting options to be considered.
- In Appendix, identify key experts in Armenia and, if possible, in abroad, who could be invited to comment and participate in discussions.
- Develop a 1-2 page Policy Brief based on the Discussion Paper above. The Brief will:
- Highlight key issues,
- Highlight policy choices, and;
- Identify the best practice(s) that should be considered in the dialogue process.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of the items presented in the Discussion Paper
- Participate in multi-stakeholder or public discussions as a presenter and summarize proceedings including recommendations of the multi-stakeholder group.
- Work closely with project management to scope and finalize the Consultant outputs, including addressing comments and suggestions made by project management. The Consultant shall produce an inception brief that specifies the topics to be covered. The Consultant shall receive approval from project management before proceeding with producing project deliverables.
i) Inception Brief
ii) Policy Discussion Paper
iii) Policy Brief
iv) PowerPoint Presentation related to the Discussion Paper
v) Report on the multi-stakeholder discussions, deliberations and suggested directions; policy recommendations summarization.
How to apply: A brief letter of intent and a Curriculum Vitae should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Work Conditions and Occupational Safety”. Applications must be received by March 10, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution