Communications and Marketing Specialist American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC)
Department: Development Office
Classification: 12 Month Contract with Option to Extend
Location: Glendale, CA, USA
The American University of Armenia (AUA) http://www.aua.am is a private institution of higher learning located in Yerevan, Armenia. AUA is affiliated with the University of California and is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001. Students are admitted from Armenia and internationally.
Founded in 1991 to provide American style graduate education, AUA also launched an undergraduate program in fall 2013. Currently it offers ten Master’s and six Bachelor’s degree programs. This academic year, AUA has approximately 500 graduate students and more than 1,400 undergraduate students. AUA includes several research centers, a vibrant Extension Program, and community outreach programs providing continuing education for adults and professional development throughout Armenia.
The American University of Armenia Corporation (AUAC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with offices in Oakland and Glendale, California. AUAC provides academic and fiscal oversight to AUA’s operations and serves as the vehicle for philanthropic support of the enterprise. AUA revenues come from a combination of sources, including tuition, operations, endowment income, grants, and private philanthropy. AUA is committed to an admission policy that is merit-based and provides tuition support to students based upon needs.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Communications & Marketing Specialist is responsible for contributing to and implementing communication strategies to support the advancement of the fundraising goals of the Development Office in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Vice President of Development initiate and develop communications content for the bi-weekly newsletters, various appeals, stewardship reports and gift acknowledgement letters.
- Stay abreast of initiatives and activities at the University on an ongoing basis in order to provide content ideas for stewardship projects. Continuously review the University Newsroom for this purpose. Partner with colleagues in Development and across campus, particularly the Communications Department, in order to gather, synthesize, organize, and share programmatic information for donor reporting purposes.
- Work with teammates to conceptualize new stewardship products as they arise, including strategy, medium and content.
- Assist in the many stages of design, publication and production of fundraising materials, stewardship reports, while acting as a liaison between campus staff, development administrators, volunteers, donors, and university officials.
- Manage AUA Office of Development social media platforms.
- Manage the Philanthropy page content on the website.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Development on development initiatives and various campaigns development.
- Assist in campaign management, including stewardship materials, donor recognition, website content updates, and internal tracking of the Scholarship Program, active and future AUA campaigns and initiatives.
- Coordinate with AUA Office of Communications to distribute press articles through various media channels for publications, track, compile and maintain an archive of all AUA development-related publications in the media.
- In collaboration with AUA Communications conduct marketing, design, and program development for virtual and physical events in the United States.
- In conjunction with other development staff and key stakeholders, help to secure sponsorship revenues (corporate and individual) and ticket sales for major fundraising events/galas.
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other related fields).
- Excellent writing, editing, proofing, and communications skills (Writing samples required).
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Graphic design skills will be a plus.
- Experience working in university advancement / development within higher education will be a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Please send a cover letter and resume/cv to [email protected]. Include the position title in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
AUAC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.