Communications & Administrative Coordinator, Entrepreneurship and Product Innovation Centre (EPIC)
Application deadline: September 20, 2021
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The Entrepreneurship and Product Innovation Center (EPIC) is the business venture and start-up incubator of AUA. Started in 2016, EPIC provides an ecosystem for emerging entrepreneurs from both inside and outside AUA. Twice a year, teams made up of AUA students and outside entrepreneurs compete to enter EPIC where they receive further entrepreneurial education, mentorship, and other resources to grow and advance their start-ups. EPIC also sponsors lectures, startup conferences, hackathons, and maintains a sophisticated prototyping and reverse-engineering laboratory in the basement of AUA’s main building.
- Coordinate the development, evaluation and implementation of various projects goals, objectives, and activities of the center;
- Plan and implement various workshops/events/webinars/talks;
- Manage incubator facilities, interns and work/studies, support staff, and associated budget;
- With operations manager, help to coordinate and supervise activities of EPIC mentors, advisors, academics, educators;
- Administer and monitor EPIC grants, contracts, and subcontracts;
- Serve as a liaison between EPIC and AUA departments and administration as well as other internal and external collaborators, partners, and stakeholders;
- Conduct research, gather data and prepare reports, as necessary;
- Oversee preparation of information and data tracking applications (including KPIs) for EPIC activities – student groups, visitors, beneficiaries, collaborators, advisors;
- Provide administrative coordination in scheduling and maintaining appointment calendar, capturing meeting minutes, collecting background information, and oversee briefing/debriefing;
- Coordinate travel;
- Represent EPIC to the public when necessary;
- Oversee public relations for EPIC in coordination with AUA Communications department;
- Establish and maintain media archiving database for internal and public events;
- Oversee all communications and promotion programs – including collateral, videos, website, and social media;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- Bachelor’s degree. A degree in business or a MBA would be a plus.
- 2 years of executive-level management in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Work experience or foreign studies would be a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in marketing and specifically, social media marketing is necessary.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “EPIC Communications & Administrative Coordinator”. Applications must be received by September 20, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution