BAPG Program Coordinator, College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS)
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Application deadline: July 25, 2021
- Work closely with the Bachelor of Arts in Politics and Governance (BAPG) Program Chair, faculty, and students to implement joint initiatives.
- Arrange and manage program related events including open houses, orientation sessions, workshops, symposiums, seminars, as well as social events.
- Work closely with AUA Office of Student Affairs and AUA Office of Alumni Relations, communicating program-specific needs and co-organizing relevant events, workshops, and various program-related activities.
- Provide assistance related to exchange programs for students, faculty and staff. For study programs, closely work with the Program Chair by advising on suitable courses for exchange studies, work with partner institutions, distribute study abroad information, monitor applications, and study abroad progress.
- Provide course registration and program advising to BAPG majors, which involves group meetings, individual student meetings, advising on course selection, career path opportunities, and so on.
- Carry out regular degree audits.
- Coordinate BAPG exam organization process in liaison with CHSS administration and Registrar’s Office.
- Assist the Program Chair in updating the program related materials (goals, learning outcomes, course descriptions) for annual review as well as program publicity booklets and other materials in compliance with AUA policies.
- Be responsible for content and updating of the BAPG web page and social media sites alongside the Program Chair.
- Draft program related news stories and success stories, as well as work closely with AUA Communications to provide program related updates for ensuring program visibility.
- Assist in projects and initiatives of the Turpanjian Center for Policy Analysis (TCPA) such as fundraising, outreach, research project implementation, as well as promotion of the center.
- Prepare letters, memos, agenda, reports and other documents as requested by the Program Chair, and distribute them to stakeholders as necessary, as well as provide translation and editorial assistance when necessary.
- Coordinate the logistics of course delivery such as classroom bookings, audio-visual equipment reservations, arranging copy/scan for course materials.
- Assist the Program Chair in scheduling the classes for each semester.
- Answer telephone and walk-in inquiries.
- Maintain program related materials, documents and archives including course syllabi, as well as take notes and archive meeting minutes.
- Be responsible for accounting, timesheets, and invoices.
- Monitor and order office supplies, operate office equipment and maintain an attractive and clean office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Chair.
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate (BA) or Graduate (MA) Degree/ University Diploma in a relevant field (for example: Education, Communications, Public Management or a degree in a Social Science discipline).
- Strong written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management). Knowledge of WordPress is an asset.
- Relevant work experience of minimum 2 years. Preferable work experience within a higher educational institutional context.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
- Knowledge of social science research methodology is an asset but not mandatory.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “BAPG Coordinator”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution