Please check back in mid-October 2013 for updated information for Fall 2014 admissions.
AUA will be offering three undergraduate majors starting September 2013:
AUA is committed to providing high-quality undergraduate education to well-qualified applicants on a non-discriminatory basis, regardless of ability to pay. However, space in the entering class for each major is limited; thus, students are admitted on a competitive basis.
The admissions process aims to select students who have the skills and ability to succeed at AUA and to assure that AUA is well-suited to their educational and career goals. For this reason, some applicants may be called for an interview as part of the admissions process. Having a specific grade point average or test score result is neither a guarantee of admission nor a definite indicator that an application will be rejected.
The language of instruction at AUA is English. All applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English to successfully participate in courses at AUA. Applicants must also demonstrate basic math proficiency. Applicants planning to major in Computational Sciences or Business are expected to demonstrate superior math knowledge. Applicants planning to major in English & Communications are expected to have superior English proficiency. Students who do not have sufficient English or Math proficiency may be advised how to improve their English and/or Math skills prior to admission.
- General Education Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions (English)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Armenian)
TOEFL iBT [duration: 6 weeks]
AUA Math Test [duration: 6 weeks]
TOEFL iBT [տեւողություն` 6 շաբաթ]
AUA Math Test [տեւողություն` 6 շաբաթ]
Applications for Fall 2013 will be accepted starting January 15, 2013. Complete applications received before March 15, 2013, will be given priority for admissions and are eligible for the reduced Early Application Fee. Applications for regular admissions are due no later than April 15, 2013. Male applicants who request military deferral on their application form should submit completed application forms by the Early (March 15) and Regular Admissions (April 15) dates. Applications for extended admissions are due no later than June 14, 2013. Applicants for rolling admissions (eligible only if there is space) will be accepted through July 15, 2013.
Applicants for Fall 2013 will typically take the English and Math Proficiency tests during the Fall 2012 or Winter (January-March 2013). It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that Proof of English and Math Proficiency is officially submitted to AUA by the application deadline. Incomplete applications as of April 15, 2013, will be placed in the extended or rolling admissions process.
Tuition and Financial Aid:
Annual tuition for RoA citizens is as follows:
Business: 1,200,000 AMD
Computational Sciences: 1,000,000 AMD
English & Communications: 1,000,000 AMD
Annual tuition for international students is as follows:
Business: 2,400,000 AMD
Computational Sciences: 2,000,000 AMD
English & Communications: 2,000,000 AMD
AUA policy is that all qualified Armenian citizens can study at AUA regardless of their ability to pay.
AUA makes admissions decisions independent of the applicant’s ability to pay. AUA offers financial assistance to admitted students who are unable to pay the full tuition. For further information about tuition and financial aid, please check Financial Assistance website or call 51 27 93.
The duration of each major program is four years. Applicants should carefully consider major preferences at the time of application. For their 1st semester of study, students will be charged the tuition for the major they ranked first on their application form. Depending upon space, students may change majors at the beginning of their 2nd, 3rd or 4th semesters. If they change from a major with lower tuition to one with higher tuition, they must pay the difference in tuition for the semesters already completed in order to transfer. If they change from a major with higher tuition to one with lower tuition, there will be no refund.
- An AUA Application Form (Download the application form here or obtain from AUA’s Office of Admissions, Recruitment, and International Student Affairs (Rm. 101. Tel. 32 40 40, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Proof of English Proficiency – typically, a TOEFL or IELTS Score (or equivalent – confer with the Office of Admissions, Recruitment, and International Student Affairs about equivalents or waivers for native speakers**).
- Proof of Math Proficiency – typically, the AUA Math Exam (or equivalent – confer with the Admissions Office about equivalents). Click here for more info.
- A recent passport photo.
- A copy of valid passport or equivalent official identification document.
- Application fee of 12,000 AMD. Early application fee: 6,000 AMD (only for complete applications submitted on or before March 15).
- Proof of Graduation from High School along with final official transcript – typically a high school diploma (submitted after high school graduation to complete the admissions process).
** If you feel you should receive a waiver from this test because your primary language is English or have completed your studies in English, please fill out the English proficiency waiver form attached and send it to email@example.com.