Process and Documentation:
- Student Strategic Planning Session – September 18, 2017
- University-wide Strategic Planning Retreat 2017-2018 – August 18, 2017
Planning Document and Strategic Plan 2016-2022. June 21, 2016
Boards of Trustees Meeting Review. June 2, 2016
Updated Drafts Mission, Vision, Program Goals and Institutional Priorities: May 2, 2016
Updated Drafts: April 28, 2016Feedback on current draft due May 2, 2016
- Drafts: April 13, 2016
Feedback on current draft due May 2, 2016
- Drafts: March 1, 2016
The following drafts of the AUA Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Institutional Goals and Action Priorities were written based on inputs from focus groups and interviews with a variety of AUA stakeholders last fall, worksheets from units across campus, the February 6 strategic planning workshop, and review by the Strategic Planning Steering Committee during February.
Please note the following guidelines in the writing of institutional goals and action priorities:
• Institutional Goals reflect the mission and vision and are written to reflect the continual/eternal efforts of the University.
• Action priorities are initiatives that aim to move the institution forward in meeting its mission; they are broadly stated and drive tactical strategies.
• Normal day-to-day procedural tasks do not qualify as action priorities.
• Action priorities are subject to various timeframes; some may be completed within a year, some necessitate several years, others will be ongoing as they represent the continued interests and aims of a university.
Feedback is essential. In order to ensure that AUA’s Strategic Planning process is a thorough one which reflects AUA stakeholders, members of AUA’s community are encouraged to provide feedback on these drafts. Please take an opportunity to review these drafts and provide feedback via the comment box below by April 1, 2016.
Mission Statement – Draft Revisions
The American University of Armenia is a center of academic excellence, innovation, freedom of inquiry, and diversity that serves Armenia and the world through scholarship, teaching and life-long learning, fostering creativity, integrity, and community service.
Vision Statement – Draft
Through its world-class academic programs, research centers, student services, and community outreach, the American University of Armenia will have a transformative impact on human social, economic, and intellectual capacity to meet the challenges of a globalized world. Our faculty and staff will inspire students to become responsible citizens and leaders in social and technological entrepreneurship and to advance knowledge and innovation.
University-wide Strategic Planning Retreat: February 6, 2016
- Second Phase Input Consolidated February 3, 2016
- Second Phase Worksheets Colleges School Units: Due January 29, 2016
- Through October, 2015: Compilation of SWOT Analysis (Students, Staff, Faculty)
- October 5, 2015: Student SWOT Analysis Brainstorming
- September 29, 2015: Faculty and Staff SWOT Analysis Brainstorming
Reports and other documentation:
- Qualitative Research to Support AUA Strategic Planning Turpanjian Center for Policy Analysis February 2016
Send us your input:
- AUA Strategic Plan 2011- 2017 FINAL, November 2011
- AUA Strategic Plan 2011-2017 Appendices FINAL, November 2011