Position: Managing Editor, Communications Department
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), Communications Department
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Application deadline: Open until filled
- Manage all daily editorial and content-related activity within Office of Communications.
- Develop content plan for the university in conjunction with Director of Communications.
- Act as editor, writer, and reporter for communications and marketing content throughout university.
- Coordinate photography, video, and design to accompany editorial content and marketing material.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all university departments to be aware of their editorial needs and incorporate into university content plan.
- Manage regular updates of printed and online communications and marketing material.
- Arrange interviews with university and other spokespersons and prepare talking points.
- Find and manage freelance writers, reporters, and interviewers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- University degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English literature;
- Native-level English-language skills required;
- Armenian language skills required;
- Strong sense of responsibility, punctuality, organization;
- Editorial, journalistic, or writing experience required;
- Managerial experience strongly preferred.
How to apply: A letter of intent, portfolio of published work, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Managing Editor”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution